Nutty Toasted Dark Chocolate Hearts
September 29, 2018 (5 months ago)
Any excuse for chocolate is good one and when its laced with wholefood ingredients we can’t find a good enough excuse NOT to make this!
These rich, heavenly mouthfuls of goodness are a chocolate lover’s dream, but bakers beware, you may just eat all the melted mixture before it gets into the molds!
You can also use this recipe to make a decadent chocolate bark, just lay all the mixture out into a lined tray and place in the freezer.
1. Place almonds on a chopping board and roughly chop.
2. Lightly toast almonds in a pan until golden brown and fragrant.
3. Place dark chocolate buttons in a heatproof dish, and melt double boiler style (over a pot of boiling water), stirring constantly until chocolate begins to melt.
4. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, protein and salt to melted chocolate and stir until combined.
5. Add the toasted almonds to melted chocolate mixture and stir through.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
7. Carefully spoon mixture into silicone heart-shaped moulds.
8. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until chocolate has hardened.
9. Turn out from silicone moulds to serve.