Manu (Manu’s Kitchen) has used our warming Chai Mylk and to bring this beautiful veggie stew to life. Seasonal, packed full of flavour and quick to rustle up. Don’t stew; get cooking.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 330ml Rebel Kitchen Chai Mylk
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Shallot Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Cauliflower Florets
- 5 Baby Aubergines
- 1 Can Organic Chickpeas
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 ‘Star’ of Star Anise
- 1Tsp Cider or White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Yogurt
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- In a large dry pot or pan, toast the fennel seeds and spices for a 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and crush the seeds lightly with a knife. In the same pan, sauté the garlic and shallots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a medium heat. Add the spices and seeds back to the pan and mix until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas, Chai Mylk and a pinch of salt, pepper and the vinegar. Leave it to simmer and reduce for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the veggies. Boil the cauliflower florets for 3 minutes and drain.
- In a second frying pan, another tablespoon of olive oil. Cut the aubergines in halves and brown them for 5 minutes on each side until golden and softened in the middle. Brown the cauliflower florets in the same pan until golden, turning them every minute or so.
- Add the aubergine and cauliflower to the sauce and simmer for another 2 minutes. Combine the coconut yogurt with another 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- To serve, sprinkle the stew some fresh coriander leaves and eat with the coconut yogurt along with some brown rice or whole wheat flat bread.