Plant-based Mac & Cheese.
When it comes to plant-based meals, its hard to go past a Mac n Cheese.
Like a creamy, cheesy hug for your insides, this recipe is quick, simple and uses everyday (affordable) pantry samples. And no dairy in sight!
Tick ✔ Tick ✔ and Tick ✔
Recipe created by Laura Bedwell
• 1 cup of pumpkin (chopped into small cubes)
• 1 cup of cauliflower (chopped into small florets)
• 1 cup of raw cashews (soaked in water overnight)
• ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
• ¾ cup of Minor Figures Oat M*lk
• 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
• ½ a teaspoon of smoked paprika
• ½ a teaspoon of onion powder
• ½ a teaspoon of garlic powder
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• 400-500g of penne pasta (we used brown rice pasta to keep it gluten-free)
→ To begin with, steam the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes until nice and soft.
→In the meantime, drain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender with the oat milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
→ Blend until super smooth and creamy.
→ Once the pumpkin and cauliflower are cooked, add them to the blender and blend until smooth.
→ Cook the pasta as per packet instructions. Once cooked stir through the vegan cheese sauce.
→ Top your Mac & Cheese with some extra cracked pepper and a sprinkle of parsley.