Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
June 19, 2020 (3 months ago)
Ah, chocolate and hazelnuts. A match made in dessert heaven.
This clever gluten-free rendition of the beloved Ferrero Rocher by Nutra Organics is everything you want in a bite-size treat.
Fudgy, decadent, soft, and delicately sweet. It will be tough to stop at one…. or three.
• 1 cup smooth hazelnut butter (or your fave nut butter)
• 110 g whole hazelnuts, skins removed
• 2 tbsp Lover’s Latte
• 2 tbsp Maple Syrup we used this one
• pinch of Himalayan Salt
• 125 g Dark Chocolate Buttons
• Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread the whole hazelnuts, in a single layer, evenly over a baking tray. Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until the hazelnuts are aromatic and lightly toasted.
• Set aside 12 hazelnuts and crush the remaining hazelnuts by pulsing in a food processor or chopping them with a knife until small pieces form.
• Place nut butter, Lover’s Latte, maple syrup, and salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
• Shape into 12 balls, then place a hazelnut into the centre of the ball.
• Place the chopped hazelnuts in a bowl and roll the balls in the chopped nuts until fully coated.
• Place them on a tray and into the fridge to set.
• Melt chocolate buttons over a double boiler (a bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water), allow to cool for a few minutes.
• Drop 1 to 2 truffles at a time into the melted chocolate and swirl them around.
• Use a fork to lift the truffles out of the chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
• Place the coated truffles on a wire rack over a tray covered with a piece of baking paper.
• Repeat until all of the truffles are covered with the chocolate coating. Then place in the fridge to set.