Baking Soda Toothpaste
This beautiful toothpaste will leave your mouth feeling fresh, with a clear neutral palate and squeaky clean teeth. Non foaming (contains no foaming agents, artificial sweeteners or chemicals) and a little salty compared to conventional pastes. The natural baking soda acts as a very mild abrasive, cleans + whitens teeth and neutralises plaque acids. With healing and antibacterial properties thanks to the organic cold-pressed coconut oil + peppermint oil.
- suitable for the whole family
- 100% natural and made in NZ
To use: a soft toothbrush + no water. Take your time brushing, then rinse with warm water. If the paste goes firm in winter simply mix in 5ml of hot water using the back of a teaspoon to soften easily. Repeat as required.
Why Coconut Oil Toothpaste Works
Coconut Oil is antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal! Studies have shown that coconut oil destroys the bacteria that can cause tooth decay.
Using the principles of the ancient oil pulling techniques we blended coconut oil with other natural whitening products to design an amazing toothpaste.
“Oil pulling” is a traditional remedy for 3,000 years in Ayurvedic medicine – the ancient Indian healing system. It involves taking a teaspoon of oil and swishing it around for five to 20 minutes before spitting it out.
Research has shown that oil pulling with coconut oil significantly reduced levels of plaque and gum disease.
Further scientific studies have recently confirmed that coconut oil “pulls” fat-soluble toxins from the surface of the skin and gums, reduces plaque, and acts as a natural cleansing agent for the teeth and gums. It is quite remarkable.
Coconut oil is unique because it contains predominantly medium-chain fatty acids, of which 45-50 percent is lauric acid. Lauric acid has proven anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects.
We believe Maxwell & McIntyre’s Toothpowder is the best natural alternative to using a commercial paste, with the added benefit of the enamel building properties of NZ Kelp helping remove hot and cold sensitivity in many clients.
How To Use
To apply, just scoop out onto your toothbrush. Use a soft toothbrush and no water when using, take your time brushing, then rinse with warm water.
If the paste goes firm in winter simply mix in 5ml of hot water using the back of a teaspoon. This will soften immediately. Repeat as required.
Our Coconut Oil Toothpaste is hand-made in Leigh, New Zealand, with:
- organic, cold pressed virgin coconut oil significantly reduces plaque and acts as a natural cleansing agent for the teeth and gums
- peppermint oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties which makes it great for the mouth as well as tasting great too
- baking soda is a very mild abrasive, helping in cleaning and whitening teeth, neutralizing acids in plaque, and freshens breath
- aniseed oil naturally enhances flavour
- xylitol is a plant derived sweetener which has been proven to reduce the formation of dental caries
- calcium carbonate gives the paste a creamy texture, acts as a mild abrasive and introduces calcium to the body and saliva