How do you make a vegan pumpkin pie? #Justaddmylk
October 25, 2018 (9 months ago)
Ok so we know Pumpkin Pie isn’t big on this side of the world but if we can get more veggies in while still eating pie then hey, we are well up for it! This recipe uses simple wholefood ingredients and is packed full of healthy fats and warming spices. Better yet its dairy free thanks to the addition of creamy Rebel Kitchen Mylk!
How do you make a vegan pumpkin pie?
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1.5 cups pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Coconut oil (to grease the dish)
- 200g soft pitted Medjool Dates
- 425g Cooked Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Mylk
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 125g Almond butter
- 50ml Maple syrup (and extra for glazing)
- 1tbsp Flaked Almonds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, grease 24cm pie dish with coconut oil.
2.Add all of the pastry ingredients into a food processor and blend until it has formed a thick dough with nuts. It will be quite sticky but spread the pastry out evenly across the pie dish.
3. Press into bottom and sides of a pie pan, whilst you start your filling.
4. Add the filling ingredients into a food processor or bowl and mix until well incorporated.
5. Spoon the filling into the pie dish and then sprinkle with flaked almonds. Place these back into the oven and bake for around 1 hour.
6. Take the pies out of the oven and allow them to cool completely. Scatter flaked almonds over the top.
Serve and enjoy