Ultimate Plant-based Mac n Cheez
February 10, 2020 (3 weeks ago)
Crusaders of all things plant-based and pioneers of the ultimate plant-based mylks have whipped up this ultimate recipe for vegan Mac N Cheez.
Creamy and cheezy without the dairy.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup of whole/semi-skimmed/skimmed Rebel Kitchen Mylk (dependent on how creamy you want it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt.
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the pasta (cook to packet directions)
- Separately combine the cashews, lemon juice, water, salt, mylk, nutritional yeast, garlic, turmeric, cayenne, and mustard in a high-speed blender and blend until silky smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add more Mylk.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse it, then return the pasta to the pot and stir in the cheese sauce.
- Season to taste and serve warm!