Which Collagen is for You? The difference between Build, Beauty + Body
September 4, 2019 (2 weeks ago)
Collagen, hailed as the beauty-hero by many as the elixir to lush har, strong nails, glowing skin and of course, improved gut health.
Recommended for every one passed their 20’s to supplement the diminishing production of collagen and unlike many a fad- health trend, Collagen is backed by science to clinically live up to its many beneficial claims.
The Western diet is largely devoid of foods that collagen naturally occurs (the skin, bones and connective tissue) that are vital in supporting our health as we age, in favour of leaner cuts of protein.
A result of this over time is weak, brittle nails, dry lack-lustre hair, dry, sagging skin and loss of muscle mass.
Our friends at Nutra Organics help to break down which collagen from their range of Beauty, Body and the new Build could be right for you, sharing the unique properties of each blend below.
A brief rundown on what Collagen is:
Collagen is the main structural protein found in connective tissue (which is one of the 4 basic tissue types found in all animals and humans). It’s incredibly important and is basically the glue that holds our skin, bones, muscles and connective tissue together.
So when you buy a powdered collagen product, what you have is tiny pieces of collagen fibres which have been broken down (a process known as hydrolysis, which is why it can be called “hydrolysed collagen”).
How is Nutra’s collagen range different?
What makes Nutra’s collagen products different (from each other, but also from other collagen products on the market) is the collagen source they use, the types of collagen, and how the collagen fibres have been broken down.
The way that collagen fibres are broken down affects the size of the protein-peptide chains, the sequence of amino acids in each peptide chain, and those things significantly affect the function it has in the body because proteins can also act as signalling molecules (meaning they signal where the collagen should form).
The unique collagen peptides in Nutr’as three collagens have all been clinically proven through randomised, placebo-controlled studies.
They are the only clinically proven, specialised, bioavailable collagen peptides on the market.
- Nutra Organics Collagen range is unflavoured and dissolves into any hot or cold liquid.
- They are all pregnancy, breastfeeding, and child-friendly for 12 months +.
The difference between Collagen Beauty, Body and Build
All three of Nutra’s collagens contain Types I and III bovine collagen, which is the most effective and most sustainable form of collagen. There are 16 different types of collagen found in humans and animals, and Types I and III have the greatest impact on skin, bones and muscles.
The main difference between the three collagens is the Bioactive Collagen Peptides (smaller collagen peptide chains) found in each one, which target collagen formation in specific areas of the body.
Nutra recommends choosing a type of collagen based on your current goals. For best results, it’s recommended to use one type of their range at a time for a couple of months and then swapping to another if your goals change.
- Contains the specialised bioactive peptides called Verisol®, which specifically targets skin, and has been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles, smooth fine lines, increase skin hydration, improve skin elasticity, and improve the structural integrity of skin over the entire body.
- Every 12g serve of Collagen Beauty contains 2.5g of Verisol® Collagen Peptides.
- Contains whole food sources of Vitamin C and Zinc, which help with the structure and function of connective tissue, promote healing, support gut health, further support collagen formation, and support healthy hair and nails.
- Collagen Beauty is the one you should pick if your priorities are glowing, hydrated, silky smooth skin, lush hair and strengthened nails.
- Contains the specialised bioactive peptides called Fortibone®, which specifically targets bone strength and structure.
- Every 18g serve contains 5g of Fortibone® Collagen Peptides.
- Contains whole food nutrients Calcium and Vitamin D to further target and support bone density.
- Collagen Body is the one for you if you have recently broken any bones or are concerned with the strength of your bones.
- Contains the specialised bioactive peptides called Bodybalance®, which specifically targets muscle tone, repair and building.
- Every 18g serve contains 15g of Bodybalance® Collagen Peptides.
- Contains a wholefood source of Magnesium to further support the proper functioning of muscle tissue and energy production.
- Collagen Build comes with a free nutrition and resistance training guide to support your training goals.
- Collagen Build is the one for you if you are looking to increase strength, repair muscles post-workout, and improve body composition by increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat mass.