Crispy little morsels of sweet and spicy deliciousness. These little bites make such a great meatless meal or snack, even the most vegetable-adverse will be converted.
Try adding them in tacos, as a substantial platter snack or on their own, dipped in vegan mayo.
1/2 a cauliflower
1/2 cup water
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp pepper
4 tbsp of Sriracha or hot sauce
1 cup Tapioca Flour
1. Cut cauliflower into florets (wings).
2. Mix the tapioca flour, rice milk powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika salt and pepper together. Add water to form a batter. Should be thick.
3. Heat the oil ready to fry. Test a little piece to make sure it is ready.
4. Dunk each floret into the batter and straight into the oil. Add 10 pieces in batches into the oil at any one time (depending on the size of the pot) to make sure it is not overcrowded, otherwise the tapioca flour will make them stick together. Cook for about 2-3 mins, or until golden.
5. Drain on a plate covered with a paper towel.
6. Serve immediately.
*alternatively, you can over bake at approx. 180c for 30 mins.