Another lip-smackingly good recipe from our friends at The Chia Co. Who doesn't love chocolate and cherries? This one only takes minutes to whip up and you have the option to freeze them for a cooling treat.
- 1 cup (150g) pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (70g) frozen raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cup (120g) desiccated coconut plus extra for decorating
- 2 tbsp (22g) cacao powder, plus 2-3 tbsp, extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp (15g) The Chia Co. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp (34g) coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) dried cherries
- 1⁄3 cup (65g) dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Add 1 tbsp of water if required
- Place all ingredients except cherries and chocolate chunks into a good quality food processor and blitz until the mixture is sticky and all dates are completely broken up.
- Add dried cherries and chocolate chunks.
- Blitz again until mixture is well combined.
- Press tablespoon sized amounts of mixture together between your fingers.
- Roll into balls. Place into the freezer to set for an hour.