We are lucky enough to work with such an array of good ingredients and Clara our sales manager is definitely the most creative when it comes to cooking up sweet treats, she is French so it seems only natural!
It was my birthday recently and she surprised me with the most insanely chocolatey, decadent ganache tart. Bonus points for the fact that is Gluten free, refined sugar free, soy free and has an easy vegan version if milk is not your thing! I have begged her to share her secret with us all because this is amazing and somewhere between a slice, a cake and a chocolate bar!
The best part is it's actually really easy to make and doesn't require fancy equipment!
- 1 cup dates soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 110g Chocolate covered or plain toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- 120 g Pana Chocolate 80% or dark chocolate ganache
- 1 bar Pana Chocolate Hazelnut
- 80g fresh cream (or coconut cream for a vegan version)
- 2 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Optional: 1 tsp Nutra Organics Thriving Cacao Chocolate protein powder or 1 tsp The Chia Co chia seeds
Date and Nut Crust:
- Pre-chop the hazelnuts and almonds.
- Drain the dates and blend then in a food processor until chopped into small pieces.
- Add 3/4 of the chopped nuts mix and blend again until well combined.
- Add a pinch of pink Himalayan salt and the coconut oil (melt it first if not an oil) and the protein powder or chia seeds.
- Blend again until it is all well combined and formed a gooey paste.
- Press into a tart tin (35cm x 10cm x 3cm) lined with baking paper and place in freezer to set for about 30 mn
Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- In a small saucepan, bring cream just barely to a simmer.
- Add chopped chocolate and coconut oil.
- Let melt 1 minute and stir with a spatula until combined and smooth.
- Pour into cooled tart shell and sprinkle the remaining hazelnuts and almonds over the top.
- Allow to set 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Heat up a knife and slice yourself a piece of decadent paradise!
This stays gooey so serve chilled!