Ah, chocolate and hazelnuts. A match made in dessert heaven.
This clever gluten-free rendition of the beloved Ferrero Rocher by Nutra Organics is everything you want in a bite-size treat.
Fudgy, decadent, soft, and delicately sweet. It will be tough to stop at one.... or three.
- 1 cup smooth hazelnut butter (or your fave nut butter)
- 110 g whole hazelnuts, skins removed
- 2 tbsp Lover's Latte
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup we used this one
- pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 125 g Dark Chocolate Buttons
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread the whole hazelnuts, in a single layer, evenly over a baking tray. Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until the hazelnuts are aromatic and lightly toasted.
- Set aside 12 hazelnuts and crush the remaining hazelnuts by pulsing in a food processor or chopping them with a knife until small pieces form.
- Place nut butter, Lover’s Latte, maple syrup, and salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Shape into 12 balls, then place a hazelnut into the centre of the ball.
- Place the chopped hazelnuts in a bowl and roll the balls in the chopped nuts until fully coated.
- Place them on a tray and into the fridge to set.
- Melt chocolate buttons over a double boiler (a bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water), allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Drop 1 to 2 truffles at a time into the melted chocolate and swirl them around.
- Use a fork to lift the truffles out of the chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the coated truffles on a wire rack over a tray covered with a piece of baking paper.
- Repeat until all of the truffles are covered with the chocolate coating. Then place in the fridge to set.