Fresh salad bowl goodness from Nutra Organics! Plants get their colour from phytonutrients, which means that eating a range of colours gives you a variety of different nutrients. It's also great for your gut with the addition of bone broth to the rice, and you can switch this out for vege broth if you're on a plant-based diet. You can also easily switch veges in or out of this recipe depending on what you like and what's in season.
1 sweet potato, diced
2 tsp fennel seeds
2 yellow squash, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
4 radish thinly sliced
½ small purple cauliflower, cut into florets
1 bunch small asparagus
1 cup baby spinach
A handful of micro herbs, 1/2 cup almonds, 1/4 cup pepitas
½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp honey
½ tsp dijon mustard
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup brown rice
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
¼ tsp The Wholefood Pantry Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, prepare the sweet potato on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper & fennel seeds. Bake for 25 minutes or until caramelised. Set aside.
2. Cook rice according to packet directions, adding in broth powder to water. Taste and season once cooked.
3. Meanwhile, char cauliflower squash, asparagus and zucchini either on a grill or a dry pan on high heat. Lightly season and set aside.
4. Mix together lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, ¼ tsp salt and a few cracks of black pepper until emulsified.
5. Layer all ingredients on a large platter and scatter over micro herbs, then drizzle over dressing just prior to serving.