This is a bit of a treat recipe and one for the adults only. The perfect refreshing after dinner treat for those warm summer nights and a nice dairy-free option for those who are following a plant-based diet.
- 1 fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup light canned coconut milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Juice of a lime
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it is cold.
- Whisk the mixture if it has separated then pour the mixture into an ice cream maker if you have one otherwise you can just freeze as is it might just be a bit solid.
- Mix during the freezing process if possible to help stop this.
- Store the sorbet in an airtight freezer-safe container in the freezer until ready to serve.
For best results freeze the sorbet for a couple hours before serving