Is there anything better than a super creamy mac n cheese? How about a mac n cheese that's not only free from dairy, gluten-free AND loaded with nutrient-dense superfoods, fruits, and veggies that you can't taste?
The super creamy vital veggie vegan mac n cheez (try saying that 5 times fast) combines this delicious soul-food favourite with the goodness of Nutra Organics Vital Veggie Power to create a junk-free meal the whole family will love.
Approximately serves 3 adults.
Tip: Double the recipe so you have extra for lunch the next day.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 2 hours.
- Peel + cut pumpkin into chunks
- Bring 2 pots of water to the boil. One pot to cook the pumpkin until tender (approx 10 minutes). Reserve 1/2 cup of the pumpkin water. In the other pot cook the pasta in salted water until tender. (Most rice/quinoa pasta takes about 12- 15 minutes) Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While the pumpkin and pasta are cooking, slice garlic cloves and fry gently in a pan until softened.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place in a high-speed blender and blitz until broken down to small pieces.
- Add the pumpkin, reserved pumpkin water, savoury yeast flakes, salt, vital veggie power and garlic to the blender and blitz until the sauce becomes creamy and velvety smooth.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and stir through.
- Garnish with fresh herbs of your choice.
- Serve immediately with a fresh side salad.