We love the extra boost Chia seeds give to this holiday classic, use black chia for a little speckle or try white if you have fussy little ones as it will be harder to see!
Get the kids involved, get messy, please make sure you have fun and send us pictures of your very own Superseed Gingerbread Men!
Superseed Gingerbread Men
125g butter, soft
2/3 cup brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
2 ½ cup plain flour
1 tablespoon chia seeds
½ teaspoon bi carbonate of soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup white chocolate buttons
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/160°C for fan forced oven
- In an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add maple syrup and egg, beat until well combined
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, and cinnamon into the butter mixture, then add chia seeds
- Using a wooden spoon mix all ingredients until just combined and a dough is formed
- Flour your work surface and knead gently until dough is smooth. Wrap in cling wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until firm.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
- Flour your work surface again and roll out dough to about 5 mm thick. Using a gingerbread man cutter, cut as many as you can and then repeat the step again until you have little or no dough left.
- Place the gingerbread men 2cm apart on your baking tray
Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. This is dependent on whether you want firm or soft gingerbread men.
- Take out of oven once done and allow to cool on rack.
- In the meantime melt your white chocolate buttons in the microwave for 30 seconds or create a baine marie on the stove (in a small pot filling ½ way with boiling water, place the white chocolate buttons in a bowl and place on top of water, stirring until melted)
- Once cooled a little place in a pipping bag and decorate your gingerbread men
Taken from The Chia Co. Website Fine the original recipe HERE
Original Image By Vanisha - Read her blog HERE