Fresh and tangy. Sip away on this nourishing tonic if you feel those niggly ills and chills creeping up on you. This recipe keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days. Serve chilled or warmed up.
- 1 Tsp Golden Spice Love Tea
- 1/2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- A thumb of fresh root ginger finely grated
- Pinch of Hymalian sea salt
- 2 Cups of Water
- Juice of 2 oranges and 2 Lemons
- 1 Tsp of Apple cider vinegar (Make sure you use an active one look for the words "with the mother" on the bottle)
- A spoonful of active Manuka Honey to taste - this can be omitted if desired
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Add all ingredients to a pot and simmer for 20 minutes, this helps to warm it all up and meld the flavours.
- Take off the heat and cool then blend if you like your tonic smooth
- Serve with fresh Mint, I keep mine in a Jar in the fridge and drink 1/2 a cup at a time finishing the brew over the day.
Read our post on 10 Ways to Shorten the Flu here