If you ask us, Taco Tuesday should be a mandatory event. Nothing better than over filling and messily battling with a saucy taco, surrounded by close friends am I right!?
Nutra has done it again with this recipe for a vegan rainbow version with maple chimichurri sauce! If gluten doesn't agree with you sub in some good corn tortillas and join in the fun.
This dish is perfect for entertaining, or to feed the tribe at dinner time.
The Maple BBQ sauce is so quick to make (this recipe makes a good amount and freezes really well), coupled perfectly with the zingy chimichurri that brings it all to life!
Eating a rainbow of veggies is optimum to get a vast range of nutrients into your diet, and when you put them in tacos, then you’re totally winning at life.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the sweet potato on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, ground cumin and a sprinkle of salt. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove the tray and dust the roasted sweet potato chips with a pinch of smoked paprika. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile drizzle the cauliflower steaks with a little olive oil and salt, place into a pan on medium heat and fry on both sides until golden and slightly charred.
3. Meanwhile, peel corn, and char it on open gas flame or a dry hot pan, turning until charred all round. Shave off corn kernels with a knife and set aside.
4. Place all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a small saucepan on a medium heat, cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently, set aside.
5. Add all the ingredients for the chimichurri into a bowl and stir to combine.
6. To serve, lay our all ingredients onto plates on a table and let the DIY taco making begin!
Let us know if you make these at home, we love to see pictures even better tag us in your food grams!
If you have an awesome recipe using some of the ingredients we sell online, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to get featured we love sharing recipes from our awesome foody community!