Picking your perfect Collagen.
Collagen, hailed as the beauty-hero by many as the elixir to lush hair, strong nails, glowing skin and of course, improved gut health.
Collagen is the main structural protein found in connective tissue (which is one of the 4 basic tissue types found in all animals and humans). It’s incredibly important, and is basically the glue that holds our skin, bones, muscles and connective tissue together. As we age, our collagen production slows down, contributing to wrinkling, sagging, dry skin, dull hair, weak nails, brittle bones and loss of muscle mass.
Our Western generation no longer consumes a diet high in collagen as our ancestors once did, and as people in other cultures such as Japan still do, as collagen is only found in the ‘undesirable’ parts of animals, such as skin, bones and connective tissue, and isn’t found in substantial amounts in lean cuts of meat that we typically only consume.
So when you buy a powdered collagen product, what you have is tiny pieces of collagen fibres which have been broken down (a process known as hydrolysis, which is why it can be called “hydrolysed collagen”).
What makes Nutra Organics' collagen range different?
What makes Nutra's collagen products different (from each other, but also from other collagen products on the market) is:
• the collagen source we use
• the types of collagen
• how the collagen fibres have been broken down.
The way that collagen fibres are broken down affects the size of the protein peptide chains, the sequence of amino acids in each peptide chain, and those things significantly affect the function it has in the body, because proteins can also act as signalling molecules (meaning they signal where the collagen should form).
Further, the unique collagen peptides in Nutra Organics' three collagens have all been researched through randomised, double blind, placebo controlled studies.
They are the only specialised, bioavailable collagen peptides on the market.
The guide to picking your perfect collagen
All three of Nutra's collagens contain Types I and III bovine collagen, which is the most effective and most sustainable form of collagen.
There are 16 different types of collagen found in humans and animals, and Types I and III have the greatest impact on skin, bones and muscles.
The main difference between the three collagens is the Bioactive Collagen Peptides (smaller collagen peptide chains) found in each one, which target collagen formation in specific areas of the body.
Nutra recommends choosing a type of collagen based on your current goals. For best results, it's recommended to use one type of their range at a time for a couple of months and then swapping to another if your goals change.
- Contains the specialised bioactive peptides called Verisol®, which specifically targets skin, and has been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles, smooth fine lines, increase skin hydration, improve skin elasticity, and improve the structural integrity of skin over the entire body.
- Every 12g serve of Collagen Beauty contains 2.5g of Verisol® Collagen Peptides.
- Contains whole food sources of Vitamin C and Zinc, which help with the structure and function of connective tissue, promote healing, support gut health, further support collagen formation, and support healthy hair and nails.
- Collagen Beauty the perfect collagen powder for: glowing, hydrated, silky smooth skin, lush hair and strengthened nails.
- Contains the specialised bioactive peptides called Fortibone®, which specifically targets bone strength and structure.
- Every 18g serve contains 5g of Fortibone® Collagen Peptides.
- Contains whole food nutrients Calcium and Vitamin D to further target and support bone density.
- Collagen Body is the perfect collagen for supporting joint mobility, bone strength and gut health.
- Contains the specialised bioactive peptides called Bodybalance®, which specifically targets muscle tone, repair and building.
- Every 18g serve contains 15g of Bodybalance® Collagen Peptides.
- Contains a wholefood source of Magnesium to further support the proper functioning of muscle tissue and energy production.
- Collagen Build comes with a free nutrition and resistance training guide to support your training goals.
- Collagen Build is the perfect collagen powder if you are looking to increase strength, repair muscles post-workout, and improve body composition by increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat mass.