Nothing quite like a chocolate Tart to satisfy a sweet tooth, even better then it contains only whole food vegan ingredients and is packed with Pana Chocolate.
This recipe originally appeared in Pana Chocolate: The Recipes, by Pana Barbounis.
Basic tart shell
- 120g desiccated coconut
- 125g nut flour
- 50–75ml coconut nectar
- 2 pinches of Himalayan pink salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- 45g bar of Pana Chocolate Mint
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 50g coconut butter, melted
- 120ml coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Blend all the basic tart shell ingredients except the coconut oil until the mixture comes together.
- Grease the tart tins with the coconut oil, and place baking paper on the base. Press an even amount of the mixture into each tin.
- Press the mixture firmly to compact it, only allowing the shell to come about 1 cm (½ in) up the sides of the tin. While you are compacting the mixture, you will notice the oils releasing – this is a great thing!
- Freeze to firm up a little, then pop the shells out.
- Keep the tart shells refrigerated until needed.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a bain-marie.
- Pour the melted chocolate and oil into a bowl along with all other ingredients and fold gently to combine.
- Pour equal amounts of the filling into each tart shell, then return the tarts to the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Shop the Pana Chocolate range here or buy the book online