Flagship Butterfly Razor - 30% off
DISCONTINUED Superb razors that make shaving a pleasure! Not to mention waving goodbye to single-use plastics... Albatross razors have a highly polished finish to protect against corrosion and deliver a close, razor-burn free shave. Highly recommended by us here at Natural Things!
- suitable for men, women + all shaving needs
- zero plastic waste
How To Use
How to prepare for your first shave
Twist the bottom of the shaver handle to open the wings of the blade holder. Simply place a blade (be careful it’s sharp!) on the platform and twist the bottom in the opposite direction to tighten the blade holder wings over the blade. You’re all set to go!
How to shave with a safety razor
The best time to shave is during a hot shower but if you prefer not to you can warm up your skin with a moistened warm towel instead.
Lather up your skin with your favourite natural soap. We recommend the Albatross shave soap or try something like the Eco Tan coconut & mint body wash, full of natural ingredients that will help keep your skin nourished,
Warm up the blade under warm water.
There are a few tricks to start with that will make all the difference such as:
- Be gentle! Use only a little pressure as these blades are effective and sharp, let the blade cut the hairs, not the pressure of “dragging”. try holding at the end of the handle to stop you from pressing too hard.
- Angle the blade as far from your skin as possible. (approximately a 30° angle but you may find your own angle works best.) As you’re using a singular blade and the razor head doesn’t pivot or automatically contour to your skin, you need to do the contouring yourself. A trick for this is holding the razor parallel to the floor, putting the razor head onto your skin, and slowly tilting the head down until the blade starts cutting the hair.
- As always shave with the grain. Shaving against the grain can cause irritation and result in nasty ingrown hairs. Go over the same area softly a few times if you need to if your skin is particularly sensitive.
- Moisturise with your favourite natural cream or oil as usual.
Aftercare for your Razor
To get the most use out of your razor make sure you look after it!
- Rinse both the blade and the razor to remove suds and hair.
- Completely dry the razor and blade, close it all back up, and store it in a dry place for next time. Although the chrome plating means little likelihood of corrosion from water, keeping something in a warm and wet place is never a good idea if you want to make it last.
- If you want to clean it further, you can wipe the razor and blade with the rubbing alcohol and let it dry before popping it away.
Use your blade until it becomes dull or rusty, you’ll see this happening when it takes a few goes to get the hair off.
You can either store the blade for recycling or sharpen it for further use. Please ensure you recycle and dispose of the blades safely